SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 3/1/2012
INTRODUCTION AND PROJECT BACKGROUND
The Columbus Regional Airport Authority (CRAA) is interested in seeking professional and related services for
updating the existing Pavement Management Program (PMP) for Port Columbus International, Rickenbacker
International, and Bolton Field Airports. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requires that airports have a continuing pavement evaluation and maintenance program as a condition of accepting grant funds from the FAA. All work shall conform to current FAA Advisory Circulars.
PROPOSED SCOPE OF SERVICES (PSS)
The anticipated scope of services may include, but may not necessarily be limited to:
- MicroPAVER software shall be used to update the program.
- Establish Pavement Classification Numbers (PCN’s) for all five (5) runways. Non-destructive testing (NDT), pavement cores, or soil borings may be necessary.
- NDT, pavement cores, or soil borings are not planned for non-runway pavements.
- Training of CRAA staff on the use of the most recent version of MicroPAVER.
- Based upon the evaluations performed by either the selected firm or the State of Ohio, Office of Aviation, existing and projected Pavement Condition Indexes (PCI’s) will be established and proposed construction and maintenance cost estimates will be created for 2014-2018.